With increasing food costs and a rise in cost of living in recent years, foodservice venues are operating in an ever-changing market and have to be adaptable to their demographic's needs. From creative toppings to unique marketing techniques, we've put together a quick guide to show you how to easily boost your pizza sales in 2023.
Tips to Easily Boost Your Pizza Sales
Pizza Menu Makeover
Your pizza menu can easily set you apart from your competitors and allow you to build a following of loyal customers who are here for your pizzas, and your pizzas only!
It is super important to understand what your customers are looking for when it comes to the perfect pizza, so that you can create a menu that appeals to them.
Make sure to consider the following when constructing or revamping your pizza menu:
- Understand your consumer demographic
- Have a selection of traditional core pizza recipes
- Have a selection of limited-edition pizza recipes using seasonal ingredients
- Have a selection of premium priced pizzas, with ingredients to match
- Include kid-friendly pizza options for families
- Meet dietary requirements such as vegetarian, vegan and gluten free
- Suitable price range
For pizza menu inspiration and resources, check out our free resources here.
For pizza recipe inspiration, see our recipes here.
Time-Based Pizza Menus
Make the most of your pizza bases by introducing multiple pizza menus that you can rotate throughout the day and night. This will help increase interest and draw more customers to your venue.
In addition to your overall pizza menu, we suggest:
- Breakfast Pizza Menu - 8am-11am
- Lunch Pizza Menu - 11am-3pm
- Dinner Pizza Menu – 5pm-8pm
- Dessert Pizza Menu – 5pm-8pm
See our top best-selling pizza recipes here.
Improve Your Cooking and Service Time
Improving your cooking processes allows your kitchen staff to quickly and efficiently attend to pizza orders on demand. Faster pizzas will lead to higher customer satisfaction, customer retention and sales.
- Use pre-made pizza bases instead of making dough, sauce and cheese from scratch. See our range of plain and topped pizza bases here.
- Implement quick-cooking appliances and tools to help you pump through orders even quicker, like our easy-to-use Pizzeria Pro Stone Base Oven.
- Cut and organise your ingredients beforehand.
- Defrost pizza bases and ingredients the night before.
- Place ingredients on the pizza base, wrap and refrigerate throughout the day until ready to cook.
Maximise Your Ways of Selling
An easy way to reach more customers and increase your profits is to maximise the way your customers buy your pizzas.
Here are some techniques you can use:
- Call & Collect
- Order through your website
- Use third-party delivery apps like Uber Eats and Deliveroo
- Internal Delivery Drivers
- Facebook & Instagram Messaging & Collect
- Increase your digital presence by posting regularly on social media
For dark kitchen and delivery solutions for your foodservice venue, don't forget to check out our Pizza Yolo virtual kitchen offering.
Spoil Your Customers
Give back to your customers to let them know that you appreciate their support. You can do this in a multitude of ways when you know what your target audience values!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Loyalty Cards - Give customers a reward for returning to your venue.
- Competitions – Spread excitement to your customers by giving them a chance to win a prize from you, e.g. $100 voucher.
- Goodie Bags & Freebies – Hand out merchandise to customers who purchase from you in-store. This can include things like loyalty cards, discount cards, apparel and more!
- Combo Deals – Save your customers the extra dollar or two with combo deal options that won’t go unnoticed, e.g. 1 free drink with every order of 2 pizzas.
For more marketing tips and promotion ideas, check out our article Why Food and Restaurant Businesses Need Marketing here, or see our free marketing tools here.